Enabling RSAWEB CDN for Wordpress on your current website
It's all about Speed... A slow site translates into unhappy users. Your users want a great experience. One of these components is a fast experience. Enabling the RSAWEB CDN for Wordpress will speed up your website and it's pretty easy to implement.
We've made a few assumptions:
- You have Wordpress installed and running properly with your existing Wordpress website
- A stable theme, plugins and custom code. This is hard to evaluate but you can always disable it if it doesn't work.
- You aren't running any other Wordpress caching software, disable it in the plugins section if you are.
Notice: We've assumed a few things about the way you have installed Wordpress. This tutorial should work with most Wordpress installations, however we offer no guarantee that it will work with yours.
- Login to your account on http://www.MyRSAWEB.co.za
- Navigate to the "CDN" menu item.
- Order the package you feel is appropriate following the on screen instructions.
Setting up Wordpress:
- Login to your admin panel http://yoursite/wp-admin
- Go to the 'Plugins' section in the menu
- Click on 'Add new' under the Plugins menu item
- Search for 'W3 Total Cache' and click 'Install Now' (If your Wordpress has permissions, the plugin will auto-install)
- Click 'Activate'
- Find the 'CDN' section halfway down the page. Check the CDN 'Enable' box, then select the 'CDN Type' as 'Generic Mirror' and click 'Save all settings'
- Check that your website is still operational, if not, disable the CDN.
- Then click 'CDN' along the top of the page
- Under configuration, enter the CNAME you chose above when you ordered the RSAWEB CDN service.
- Click 'Save all settings'
- Under 'Advanced', add any directories you have static content in.
- That should be it!
Verifying its working:
Go to your website. Right click and 'View Source' on the page. You should see links that used to look like:
<img src="/menu/images/menu_cloud_on.png" alt="Cloud Servers"/>
<img src="http://media.rsaweb.co.za/menu/images/menu_cloud_on.png" alt="Cloud Servers"/>
This means this image is loading through the CDN now.
You can add more directories to the CDN by adding the directories under the "Custom file list:" in the CDN->Advanced section.
Well done! You've managed to setup your CDN service.
You can keep track of your CDN Stats in MyRSAWEB and let us know if you have any questions.