Tutorials > Email > Setup Entourage 2004 for POP Email
Setup Entourage 2004 for POP Email
USE THIS ONLY IF YOU ARE USING SMTPAUTH.RSAWEB.CO.ZA!
- With Entourage 2004 open, from the Entourage menu,
click Account Settings.
- Select Mail at the top of Account Settings.
- Click on New above the Mail tab at the top.
- Click on the button at the bottom that reads Configure account
- Select the POP Account Type and click OK.
- In the Edit Account dialog that appears, for the Account Settings
section, use the following information:
- Account name: RSAWeb (or another descriptor of which email
account this is for you)
- Name: The name you prefer your email to appear from (e.g.,
- E-mail address: Your preferred email address (e.g., *protected email*)
- Account ID: Your Email Address (e.g., *protected email*)
- POP server: pop.yourdomainname.co.za (pop.rsaweb.co.za)
- SMTP server: adslsmtp.rsaweb.co.za (your SMTP server)
- Close the setup options and test the account. Send yourself a message to see if you receive it.
- You will now be returned to the Edit Account dialog. Click the
button in the Sending mail section that says Click here for advanced
- In the dialog that appears, select the check boxes for each of the
- SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL)
- Override default SMTP port
- SMTP server requires authentication
- In the field next to Override default SMTP port, type in:
- Under the section SMTP server requires authentication, select
the radio button for Use same settings as receiving mail server.
- Then close the dialog using the small grey button in the upper left
- Once again, you'll be returned to the Edit Account dialog. Click
the OK button near the bottom right of the dialog.
Then exit out of Entourage. Relaunch Entourage and you should
be able to send and receiving email using your Notre Dame email account.
Similar Information from this category