There are a lot of people and businesses around the world struggling to deal with the effects of the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We know that keeping teams aligned is a priority for organizations as they adapt their working arrangements. It is highly likely that many employees will be asked to work from home in the near future and we will explain some of the benefits, as well as some recommendations you can use to make the transition as smooth as possible for you and your coworkers.
The benefits of working from home
Apart from being particularly good for your health and stress levels, working from home will not only benefit you, but your employer and/or clients too.
- Increased productivity and efficiency: Distractions like office gossip, unplanned meetings and loud co-workers will become a thing of the past and allow you to achieve far more in the same amount of time.
- Less commuting: You no longer need to deal with a daily commute – that cuts into time that could otherwise be spent working or doing something else productive – and you will also be helping in reducing the carbon footprint too.
- Saving money: You will spend far less money on petrol and/or public transport. You also have more time to make your own meals instead of ordering in or buying premade meals, which could save you hundreds of Rands over a few weeks.
- A better life: Enjoying lower stress levels and using the time you spent commuting to exercise or meditate all contribute to a healthier lifestyle. Especially during the current situation staying healthy is critical.
For the many teams who are making the shift to remote work, it’s more important than ever to stay coordinated and provide the clarity needed to move work forward, no matter where you may be working.
These are just some of the applications to help keep you and your team in sync.
- Loom: Loom is a FREE screen and video recording Chrome extension that is easy to use. You can record your screen and overlay a small video of you at the same time. It’s a quick way to show someone how to do a certain task or communicate something visually. Videos are instantly uploaded to the cloud and ready to share!
- Google Hangout: instantly start a video chat or screen share by going to google.com/hangout and within seconds you can start a hangout with one person or a group of people and send them the link.
- Slack: Slack is basically a direct messaging application that allows you to message anyone in your organization. No more back and forth emails, you can now communicate quickly with individuals and groups.
- 3CX Video Conferencing: Hosted by RSAWEB, 3CX’s integrated video conferencing is easy to use and enables businesses to save time and money by hosting virtual meetings.
- Cloudflare for Teams: Cloudflare have made their Cloudflare for Teams products free to small businesses around the world. Teams enables remote workers to operate securely and easily. We will continue this policy for at least the next 6 months. We’re doing this to help ensure that small businesses that implement work from home policies in order to combat the spread of the virus can ensure business continuity. You can learn more and apply at: https://www.cloudflare.com/smallbusiness. They have also helped launch an online hub where small businesses can see technology services available to them for free or a substantial discount from multiple companies, during the Coronavirus Emergency: https://openforbusiness.org.
RSAWEB is committed to supporting you and your organization during this time of uncertainty. We will continue to deliver fast and stable internet connectivity as efficiently as possible so that you can stay on top of your work. Our support team will remain available from 7am –10pm daily to assist you whenever necessary. You can contact us on 087 470 0000 or [email protected]
With RSAWEB fibre you can save up to R4500 with free installation and/or connection, R500 off if your order is placed before your area is live, a free premium WiFi router, free LTE SIM card with 1 GB of free data each month, free one-hour onsite support and up to R2500 off when your referrals get connected. Check your coverage now. T&C’s apply.