SUP – The Superiate Upliftment Program – has launched throughout South Africa – Allowing School learners and community members access to over R100M in benefits
Youth and community upliftment initiative, the Superiate Upliftment Program (SUP), has been launched nationwide, bringing together business, government, schools and communities. The SUP drives the upliftment of youth throughout South Africa and encompasses skills and personal development initiatives to those that sign up. The launch phase is to over 500 000 learners in 500 high schools, as well as those surrounding households and communities.
Brad Stern, Founder of Superiate Marketing, expands on the initiative’s reason for being: “Working with Brand partners and the Department of Basic Education, and while coming out of Covid and remaining Covid conscious, we asked the question, “How can we still have relevant conversations with school learners and their families?” The objective is for SUP to be the connector between brands and the youth and their communities in aiding learners’ social upliftment and education. This program allows us to ‘invite’ youth and their households (in fact anyone in SA) to hop on board, by signing up to the program. The initial launch to 500 High Schools is through prominently displayed posters and brochures in the schools that reaches and informs the learners and their parents/guardians of the initiative. Our work with the Department of Basic Education will ensure we drive schools, teachers and learners to benefit and that the program provides upliftment”.
Big-name brand partners on the SUP program are giving and rewarding, including:
- Google – providing development training and education to budding entrepreneurs and SME’s with Free Google Digital Skills Africa training
- McDonalds’ McCafe – to educate about sustainability, responsible production and growing vegetable gardens for communities to benefit from
- RSAWeb – providing high-quality internet to learners at schools and to homes; enabling better access to online learning materials and teaching resources
- Score Energy – balancing intake with exercise, a healthy mind and body
- Yenza – a career & CV development app
- Presto and Splashlearn – both educational development software
- Scoot – a sim card special offer specific to teachers throughout SA
- Global Citizen – creating activists for positive change in the world
- Give back partners; co.za, Operation Smile, Menstruation Foundation –conversations and information on and critical issues facing the youth; such as gender-based violence, abuse, physical and social media bullying, contraception, period poverty and other topical and meaningful topics.”
Stern adds “The program aims to uplift and educate the youth, teachers and community members. Brands will gain valuable market research and insight relevant to their industries. We will be featuring budding entrepreneurs, SME’s and charity organisations throughout communities of SA. So many good stories to tell and promote!
“Our current partner brands have certainly put their money where their mouths are.”
When learners and teachers sign up to SUP, some notable benefits are:
- Access to prizes amounting to over R2 million
- FREE educational software from Head Start Education to the value of R100 million (This includes the study hacks guide from Presto and the Maths software from SplashLearn for Primary schools in the communities)
- Teachers can access the Scoot simcard offer – data at a cost of R5 per Gigabyte!
Stern concludes, “This is the launch, phase one. Sign up is not restricted to the 500 High Schools and those surrounding communities. Anyone throughout South Africa can join the program. Phase two begins in the fourth term and more brand partners will be joining. The brands on board all sign up to ‘the more the merrier’ mantra – the more brands and rewards, the more the youth and community benefit. Superiate are inviting brands that share this same vision to get in touch with us to join this SUP initiative. We’re currently in discussions with top brands in telecoms, banking and FMCG, amongst others, to join as partner brands.
“While always so, we believe that stimulating learning and future-focused economic activity is much-needed right now in these challenging times. Our vision is that SUP becomes a connector between business and government, where the real benefit goes to the youth and communities.
We hope that SUP will leave a lasting mark in the hearts and minds of young people and communities throughout the country.”
Further information about Superiate:
Superiate is a boutique marketing consultancy and project management agency designed to uplift, exceed, and overcome, with targeted communication and marketing. Superiate’ s specialist youth and community-based marketing initiatives connect brands with young people quite simply – by building brand loyalty and showcasing brand power and affinity. We strive to do good marketing and at the same time do good.
Individuals and brands can contact us at [email protected] or call +27 83 280 9990.