Do you live in an apartment block or housing complex and want to get fibre directly to your home but you are worried about the complexity of having it put into the building? The good news is that there is no need to worry about getting access to fibre if you are in a multi-tenant area. Fibre can be delivered to apartments and houses within security estates or complexes as easily as it is installed in individual homes.
Open Access Fibre Network providers like Openserve, a division of Telkom, and Octotel lay fibre cables into the ground and then install a fibre ‘node’ directly into a common area within flats or complexes. Most Open Access Fibre Network providers will install a node into a server room or basement of an apartment block or complex at no cost to the individual tenants, building owner or body corporate. All you will need to do is gain landowner consent or permission from the body corporate for the Open Access Fibre Network providers to do the installation. Once your building or complex is connected to a node, RSAWEB can then use this existing fibre network to provide you with a fibre Internet connection.
Additionally, because the fibre cables are installed as an Open Access Fibre Network it means tenants are not all locked-in to one Internet Service Provider (ISP) but individual owners can choose the ISP that they prefer. Having fibre access to your building or complex can also increase the value of your property as more and more people are choosing where to live based on the availability of high speed Internet. According to the FTTH Council Africa; “Fibre to the home raises property values by R50 000.”
Here are some of the additional benefits of having a fibre connection to your home:
- Super-fast Internet with speeds of up to 100 Mbps so you will be able to download files and stream almost instantly.
- Enjoy HD video streaming and streaming services such as YouTube, ShowMax, Netflix without buffering.
- Turn your home into a Wi-Fi hotspot and enable work from home mobility without having to worry about a slow connection.
- Effortlessly use Skype or video conferencing with excellent video resolution and connection.
- Affordable packages start at just R549 per month for a 10Mbps/ 20GB package or R899 for a 40Mbps / 100GB package. Other options are also available to suit your needs.
- Quick and easy set-up. After setting up your fibre it’s just a username and password into your router and you’re ready!
Find out more about Fibre to the Home here:
If you want to get fibre to your home contact us today on 087 470 0000 or [email protected]